Some people have remarked to me, “I like the pit bulls but I wouldn’t want to deal with all the negativity that surrounds them”. If you love them, be an ambassador for them! Don’t worry about the negativity that others try to force into your life. The love a pit bull gives to us is immeasurably more powerful than any insult that has ever been uttered; more powerful than any law ever written against them. Stand up for this love and do not cower away from the opportunity to embrace this love– because if you ever do get a pit bull you will surely understand it and wonder how you’ve ever lived without it.
For those who are interested in entering the Bully of the Week contest by uploading your bully photos to our facebook page, we’ve created a checklist to remember when submitting. We receive hundreds of photos a week on our facebook page and email, so we obviously can’t use every pic, but that doesn’t mean you should give up! If you’re anything like us, you take a lot of pictures of your bullies and you probably have an arsenal of photos at your disposal. Please do not get upset if your photo isn’t used right away. We love to have our wall covered in photos and we appreciate the love you all share with us every day!!
So here is the check list 🙂
- Photo resolution. Make sure the pic is not blurry
- Photo essence. We add inspirational or humorous phrases to the pics, so make sure your bully is “saying something”
- The bully is the celebrity! Photos of just the dog(s) will be selected more frequently.
- Background noise. Make sure the background is free of clutter (IE trash cans, clothes, etc)
- Scenery. If you can get the ocean, or a beach, or the mountains, or a fresh bed of snow in the pic, it helps!
- Humor. Bullies can do some amazingly funny stuff, catch it on camera and your odds vastly improve!
- Uniqueness and originality. Catch them in a pose that really stands out!
- Photo captions. Try to avoid times, dates, names, or any other writing on the pic as it may conflict with the messages we add.
- Upload to the wall rather than email. It is easier for us to scroll through the wall than to open dozens of emails. Plus others can like, comment and share your post directly.
- Asking to have your pic moved ahead of others will not help, sorry! 🙂
Have fun and embrace the love of the bully!
It is critical that we challenge the mass dissemination of myths, lies, misconceptions, and prejudice attitudes towards our bully breeds. Whether you are in a major pro-pit bull organization or just an individual communicating with friends, families, and neighbors, you are helping the cause. Do not forget this ever! Every time one person is turned on to how wrong the stereotypes are and how amazing these animals can be, we have achieved a victory. If someone questions your ownership of a pit bull, defend with pride, honor and love! 🙂
Congratulations to our Bully of the Week Winner, Tanita A Leets and her bully Bella! She received 901 likes total! upload your pic to Pit Bulls are for Lovers facebook page for a chance to win this week! 🙂
Hey all, if you’ve been following us on facebook, you know that Pit Bulls are For Lovers will take pics of your bully breeds and use them for inspiring messages or funny posts. In a nutshell, we make your bully famous! Well, maybe not famous, but a lot of people will see the pics!
Here’s how you can win Bully of the Week:
- Upload a photo of your bully breed to our facebook wall (do not email them)
- If we chose to use the picture for one of our posts, watch how many “likes” it receives
- If your bully gets the most likes he/she will win Bully of the Week!
- Bully of the Week winners will be added to our blog
- Please include your bully’s name when you post the pic to our wall
All likes will be calculated AFTER they stop showing up in news feeds.
Enjoy and good luck!! 🙂